Saturday, January 19, 2008

My review of an online furniture shop

This website is buyer friendly. It doesn't just dump their entire catalog into the website creating a maze for visitors to get lost in it, like many other online shops that I visited.

Here, they list their items into logical categories.
- by room, such as Living Room, Entertainment Center and Home Office
- by style, such as Platform Bed, Occasional Tables and Sleeper sofa
- by color

In sites that list only photos with simple names, it is difficult to search by text. Here, I noticed that they have quite a couple of words describing photos of each item.

They also list other furniture items that you may also like based on your selection of one of the item. This helps to focus the buyer's search among the many items they have.

I think the feature allowing customers to chat with their customer service reps is an important feature. However, I didn't manage to get hold of one at this time of writing this review. Probably it is not during their office hours, or may be it is not meant to be an online chat. If so, I would suggest they make it clear on the page.

The color scheme of the site looks nice and warm to me. The blending is so good that I didn't notice the zeros under the quantity column initially as they look like some round text bullets.

The enlarged view of the item image is clear and easy to manipulate. However, I didn't have success using their zoom feature. This should be a minor technical fault that could be solved easily.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails