Wednesday, February 12, 2014

Feedbacks on some other installations near the Aljunied BWR

Zigzag blockage
Not exactly zigzag as bicycle just need to be ridden through it diagonally. It has some use in slowing down but I still think the potential hazards it creates are much more than its benefits. Anyway, I guess some would still use the cement covered drain portion (on the west side) and the grass patch (on the east side).


The blue/white bollards and chain
As the PCN hit Merpati Road, there is a pair of alternating blue/white painted bollards with chain blocking off. This is new to me. Older Google Streetview show it was black/yellow previously. I'm not sure why and the meaning of blue/white paint. Here, I find the chain is too thin and might be missed out as some may not notice the bollards as the opening is quite wide.



The distance markings
I like the distance markings. Previously it wasn't clear the direction relevant to the distance labelled. This one is quite clear to me.

Sheltered walk way
The roof of sheltered walk way are not very heavy, and I think just have support on only one side should suffice. Especially on narrow pavement like the one along Aljunied Road here. Yes, cycling on pavement is [still] not legal, but the crowdedness would be worse if bicycle users obediently dismount and push on pavements.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails